Funny and cute dwarf hamster names
Just when you thought hamsters couldn’t get any cuter, we discovered dwarf hamsters! The same adorable little creature, just in bite-sized form! We know that you must notice a lot of cute habits they have by observing them day after day, making them better suited as an observational pet. The smallest of their species, dwarf hamsters are known for being very active at night.
If you’re looking for a list of the top dwarf hamster names, you’ve come to the right place!
Female dwarf hamster names
We have gathered the best names, covering female, male, cute, funny, and even notable dwarf names from movies.
Male dwarf hamster names
Cute dwarf hamster names
From the way they hold and eat their food, to the incredibly sweet way they move about. We know these little critters are the absolute cutest! If you are searching for a name equally as adorable as your mini mate, we have listed them for you below!
Funny dwarf hamster names
Even though they are so small and innocent, it might be amusing to give them a humorous name. See our list below for our top recommendations:
Movie inspired dwarf hamster names
Maybe you are looking for a dwarf name inspired by movies and television. From the charming cast of Snow White to the intriguing and complex characters in Lord of the Rings – read on to find our favorite movie-inspired dwarf names:
- Moonbeam (Happily Ever After)
- Grumpy (Snow White)
- Sleepy (Snow White)
- Thunderella (Happily Ever After)
- Happy (Snow White)
- Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)
- Dwalin (Lord of the Rings)
- Sunburn (Happily Ever After)
- Thorin (Lord of the Rings)
- Critterina (Happily Ever After)
- Doc (Snow White)
- Dopey (Snow White)
- Bofur (Lord of the Rings)
- Bilbo (Lord of the Rings)
- Marina (Happily Ever After)
- Sneezy (Snow White)
- Bombur (Lord of the Rings)
- Fili (Lord of the Rings)
- Tyrion Lannister (Game of Thrones)
- Bashful (Snow White)
- Blossom (Happily Ever After)
- Muddy (Happily Ever After)
Mythology inspired dwarf hamster names
There are many creatures and figures in world mythology that are on the small side and would be a great fit for the name of a cuddly dwarf hamster.
- Brownie (A helpful small household spirit in Scottish mythology)
- Clurichaun (In Irish mythology, a type of leprechaun with red hair and a propensity for drinking)
- Duende (A Spanish fairy that is hides in homes and can be a prankster)
- Knocker (A type of fairy in Welsh mythology that lived in mines and protected miners)
- Myrmidon (Warriors created from ants in Greek mythology)
- Pixie (From English mythology, a tiny spirit with a mischievous nature)
Bonus: scientific name for a dwarf hamster
Did you know the scientific name for a dwarf hamster is Phodopus Roborovskii? Also known as the Robo Dwarf Hamster, it averages under 2cm at birth and only grows between 4.5 to 5cm in adulthood. Another common characteristic includes white tufts of hair located above the eyes, making it look as though they have eyebrows! This cool fact may even prompt you to select Robo as a name!
Finding the right name for your dwarf hamster
Have fun choosing a name that fits your new dwarf hamster! Use this list as an inspiration and also consider your new pet’s color, personality, and your own personal interests to find the perfect name.
If you want more helpful advice on looking after your hamster, including tips on food, toys, accessories and accommodation, add a comment below to let us know!
Waiting for our next post here.